Comedian Jeff Foxworthy to Host CBS Summer Cooking Show ‘The American Baking Competition’
“The Great British Bake Off's" Paul Hollywood will judge alongside chef Marcela Valladolid in the American spinoff, which premieres May 29.
Jeff Foxworthy is adding another hosting gig to his resume.
The stand-up comedian -- widely known for his redneck one-liners as part of The Blue Collar Comedy Tour -- has been tapped to host CBS' The American Baking Competition, the network announced Tuesday.
The former host of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and current frontman for GSN's The American Bible Challenge will preside over the U.S. adaptation of BBC Two’s The Great British Bake Off. The series, like its British counterpart, will feature competitive baking challenges that will result in a crowned winner.
Foxworthy will be joined by celebrity guest judges Marcela Valladolid, who is the host of Food Network's Mexican Made Easy, and best-selling author and chef Paul Hollywood, who serves in the same capacity on the BBC Two entry. The British series ran for three seasons.
The American Baking Competition will be executive produced by Richard McKerrow -- who also oversaw the British version -- and Jay Bienstock (Survivor, The Apprentice).
The U.S. show will premiere May 29 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Foxworthy is repped by Paradigm, Parallel, Fox Law and Morris Yorn.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack