Jeff Zucker Refuses to Pay Kanye West $1M to Perform at Son's Bar Mitzvah (Report)
Rapper Drake instead performed at the event, which was attended by Katie Couric, among others.
Former NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker shelled out $250,000 to throw a bar mitzvah for his son Andrew on Saturday night, according to the New York Post.
At that price, it would seem no expense was spared.
But Zucker did reportedly balk at hiring Kanye West to perform after learning that the rapper's fee would total $1 million.
Instead, the event at the Four Seasons included a performance by rapper Drake.
It also featured a photo booth, bracelet-making lounge and station to make customized phone covers, the Post reported. Customized Converse sneakers were handed out to guests as gifts.
Among those in attendance were Katie Couric, who previously worked with Zucker on NBC's Today and is now developing a syndicated talk show with him.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche