Jeffrey Dean Morgan joins 'Unblinking Eye'
Michael Bassett directing psychological thriller
BERLIN -- "Watchmen" star Jeffrey Dean Morgan has signed on with director Michael Bassett ("Solomon Kane") for the psychological thriller "The Unblinking Eye," which Juliusz Kossakowski and Kevan Van Thompson will produce through their Wind Fish Motion Pictures operation.
AV Pictures, which also handled world sales on Bassett's "Wilderness," is selling the title in Berlin.
Bassett penned the script, in which homicide detective John Callisto (Morgan), now a retired recluse after being nearly murdered by a serial killer, is tracked down by a relentless journalist. As the two confront each other, dark secrets from both their pasts come to light.
The pic, which AV said is budgeted at just over $10 million, is set to shoot in May.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'