Jeffrey Katzenberg to be Honored as MIPCOM Personality of the Year
The DreamWorks Animation CEO will be honored in Cannes in October.
PARIS – DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg will be honored as MIPCOM's Personality of the Year at a gala dinner on October 9.
The accolade was announced by conference organizer Reed MIDEM on Monday.
"Jeffrey Katzenberg’s outstanding impact on the entertainment industry is internationally recognized," said Reed MIDEM CEO Paul Zilk. "The acquisitions of Classic Media and AwesomenessTV, the recent groundbreaking deals with companies including Netflix and Super RTL, and DreamWorks Animation’s continuing expansion into the television world, all demonstrate his clear vision of the future of entertainment."
Earlier in the day Katzenberg will address industry executives on the TV business during a speech at the Palais des Festivals as part of the Cannes conference’s Media Mastermind series.
Brian Robbins, CEO of DreamWorks Animation’s AwesomenessTV division, will deliver a keynote address at MIPJunior, the kid-focused conference that occurs just before MIPCOM.
MIPCOM will take place in Cannes from October 7-10, and MIPJunior will run from Oct. 5-6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR