Jeffrey Katzenberg to Keynote Licensing Expo 2014
The CEO of Dreamworks Animation will provide insights into the future of the media and entertainment industries and the licensing/merchandising business.
Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of Dreamworks Animation, will deliver the keynote address at Licensing Expo 2014.
“As the leader of one of the most successful and trendsetting entertainment companies and licensors in the world, Jeffrey Katzenberg will provide attendees with his valuable insights into the future of the media and entertainment industries and the licensing business that is sure to resonate with all those in attendance, during the upcoming show and beyond,” said Charles Riotto, president of the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association, which is sponsoring the annual event.
This year's show takes place June 17 in Las Vegas.
"I can't imagine a better way to kick off this year's show," said Chris DeMoulin, president of licensing and executive vp customer development for Advanstar, which stages the event held in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Billed as the licensing industry’s largest annual event, the trade show expects about 400 exhibitors representing more than 5,000 brands and properties in entertainment, animation, sports, fashion, publishing, housewares and more.
Katzenberg founded DreamWorks in 1994 with Steven Spielberg and David Geffen. The animation division split off and became a public company under Katzenberg’s leadership in 2004. In 2013, Katzenberg was awarded the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for contributions to humanitarian causes.
DreamWorks Animation has released 27 animated features and won two Oscars for best-animated feature.
Upcoming DreamWorks Animation movies (to be distributed through 20th Century Fox), all of which are expected to have licensing and merchandising programs, include Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Mar. 1) and How to Train Your Dragon 2 (June 2). Other titles planned for release in 2015 and beyond include The Penguins of Madagascar, Trolls, Seth Rogen's B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations, Mumbai Musical, Kung Fu Panda 3 and How to Train Your Dragon 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game