Jenni Rivera's Remains Identified Along With Publicist and Co-Pilot
The 43-year-old singer was killed Sunday when the plane she was aboard crashed in northern Mexico.
Following a Sunday plane crash, Jenni Rivera’s remains officially have been found and identified.
Although her family had been holding on to hope that the 43-year-old might have survived the impact, a government spokesman in Mexico confirmed to CNN that Rivera’s remains have now been turned over to her family. The remains of Rivera’s publicist, Arturo Rivera (unrelated), and the plane’s co-pilot also have been identified.
Rivera was killed when the aircraft she was aboard plummeted from 28,000 feet into a mountainous area in northern Mexico 9,000 feet above sea level. Six others accompanied her on the plane, including her stylist and attorney. There were no survivors.
At the time of the crash, Rivera was en route to a performance in the city of Toluca, 40 miles southwest of Mexico City, following a concert in Monterrey on Saturday evening.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. Meanwhile, there are two civil lawsuits against the company that owns the private jet accusing the firm of lying about links to a troubled businessman who previously was convicted of falsifying maintenance records, counterfeiting government inspection stamps and drug trafficking.
Rivera was a judge on The Voice Mexico and was slated to make her film debut in the gritty drama Filly Brown.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least