Cannes 2012: Jennifer Aniston and Dennis Quaid's Untitled Elmore Leonard Adaptation Heads to Market
Based on "The Switch," also the name a 2010 Aniston vehicle, the project is being written and directed by Daniel Schechter.
Jennifer Aniston and Dennis Quaid are set to star in a film adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s novel The Switch that Hyde Park International will be offering to buyers at the Cannes Film Market.
Daniel Schechter, whose film Supporting Characters just played the Tribeca Film Festival, has written the adaptation and will direct the currently untitled project. (The film is not related to the 2010 Aniston vehicle also titled The Switch.) Also set to star are Yasiin Bey (formerly known as Mos Def), John Hawkes and Ty Burrell.
Aniston will play a naive housewife, whose husband (Quaid) has embezzled millions of dollars. Hawkes and Bey will appear as criminals who kidnap Aniston’s character and hold her for ransom only to discover that her husband doesn’t want her back.
Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Lee Stollman will produce for the Gotham Group alongside Michael Siegel. James Garavente, Leonard, Aniston and Aleen Keshishian will serve as executive producers.
The project is one of several titles that Ashok Amritraj’s Hyde Park will offer in Cannes. Others include Midnight Sun, from director Hugh Hudson; Adult World, starring Emma Roberts, Evan Peters and John Cusack; and Sunlight Jr., starring Naomi Watts, Matt Dillon and Norman Reedus.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'