Jennifer Aniston plays Streisand for Harper's
Cover story reveals actress is ready to pursue directing
There are Barbra Streisand fans, and then there's Jennifer Aniston.
Aniston recreates iconic portraits of Streisand in a lavish Mark Seliger photo spread in the new issue of Harper's Bazaar. The magazine is on newsstands this week.
"The shoot was just fun," the 41-year-old actress said Saturday while promoting her new film, "The Switch."
"Look, you're dressing up in wigs and costumes and going into this beautiful theater in downtown Los Angeles, and her voice is booming through the speakers," she said. "And you get chills. It was almost like ... 'cause photo shoots I'm always uncomfortable in, because that sort of thing is not my career, it's not my profession. So, it was sort of fun to kind of play a character like that."
Her fascination reaches beyond Streisand's look.
"I want to sing like Barbra!" she joked.
And like Streisand, Aniston wants to direct. She got a taste of behind-the-camera work directing the 2006 short "Room 10."
"I really am chomping at the bit to do that next. It was so creatively fulfilling. And I'm ready to do something else. It's time to sort of explore and I love this (acting). I'll never stop doing this until people say, 'Stop!' And maybe even then I won't stop," she said with a laugh. "But it's just time to sort of change it up."
"The Switch" will be released Aug. 20.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)