Jennifer Garner Feted as CinemaCon Female Star of the Year
The actress is next in theaters with "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" in August and "Butter" in October.
Jennifer Garner will receive the 2012 CinemaCon Female Star of the Year Award at the upcoming gathering of theater owners in Las Vegas.
CinemaCon, hosted by the National Assn. of Theater Owners, runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace. The awards ceremony will be held during the final night gala.
Garner is next in theaters with Disney's The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which opens Aug. 15. In the film, she and Joel Edgerton play a happily married couple when the child they have dreamt of shows up on their doorstep.
"Jennifer Garner can epitomize the all-American girl, but can also pack the punch of a tough action hero. Her versatility and remarkable ability to entertain audiences of all ages is impressive," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
In October, the actress will be seen in the Weintein Co.'s political satire Butter, which she also produced.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR