Jennifer Garner Feted as CinemaCon Female Star of the Year
The actress is next in theaters with "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" in August and "Butter" in October.
Jennifer Garner will receive the 2012 CinemaCon Female Star of the Year Award at the upcoming gathering of theater owners in Las Vegas.
CinemaCon, hosted by the National Assn. of Theater Owners, runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace. The awards ceremony will be held during the final night gala.
Garner is next in theaters with Disney's The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which opens Aug. 15. In the film, she and Joel Edgerton play a happily married couple when the child they have dreamt of shows up on their doorstep.
"Jennifer Garner can epitomize the all-American girl, but can also pack the punch of a tough action hero. Her versatility and remarkable ability to entertain audiences of all ages is impressive," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
In October, the actress will be seen in the Weintein Co.'s political satire Butter, which she also produced.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights