Jennifer Garner: 5 Things to Know
The actress confirmed Monday that she's expecting her third child with Ben Affleck.
Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck revealed they are expecting their third child together on Monday. They told the Associated Press they are "thrilled" about expanding their family, but did not reveal any other details.
They are parents to Violet, 5, and Seraphina, 2. The couple married in 2005.
Here are five things to know about Garner:
1. Garner appeared over the weekend at Disney's D23 expo to promote her upcoming film The Odd Life of Timothy Green. She last starred in Arthur, which received mixed reviews by critics. She rose to fame playing CIA agent Sydney Bristow on action-packed TV show Alias, which ended its five-year run in 2006.
PHOTOS: Disney's D23 Expo 2011
2. Garner has joked her conservative childhood made her "just a step away from being Amish." She went to church every Sunday, was not allowed to get her ears pieced until she was 16, and was not allowed to wear make up or a bikini.
3. She began taking dance lessons at age 3, but never saw herself as a professional dancer. She moved to New York City in 1995 to begin pursuing theater, making $150 a week as an understudy in the play A Month in the Country for Roundabout Theatre Company.
PHOTOS: Outstanding Oscar Jewelry
4. Her first role was in telepic Zoya, based on the Danielle Steele novel of the same. She went on to make appearances on TV shows, including Felicity (where she caught Alias producer J.J. Abrams' eye) , Spin City, Law & Order and on short-lived series Significant Others and Time of Your Life.
5. The success of Alias launched Garner's film career. She went on to star in Steven Spielberg 's Catch Me If You Can in 2002, and as Affleck's love interest in Daredevil the following year. Around that time, she also appeared in Pearl Harbor and 13 Going on 30. She made her Broadway debut in 2007 as Roxanne in Cyrano de Bergerac.