Jennifer Garner in Talks to Join Steve Carell in Disney Children's Book Adaptation (Exclusive)
Miguel Arteta is directing "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."
Jennifer Garner is in negotiations to star opposite Steve Carell in Disney’s adaptation of the popular children’s book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
Shawn Levy and Dan Levine are producing the family movie via their 21 Laps banner along with Lisa Henson of the Jim Henson Co. Miguel Arteta is directing.
A classic since it was published in 1972, Bad Day was written by Judith Viorst and centers on a boy who has a very horrible day and finds out that other people can have them too.
In the script, written by Lisa Cholodenko and Rob Leiber, the boy has a terrible day and wishes his family experienced his suffering, which they later do.
Carell is playing the boy’s father, and Garner would join the project as the mother.
Bad Day is eyeing a fall start.
When Garner closes her deal, it will bring her back to the studio for which she starred in last year’s The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
She next appears in Dallas Buyers Club, the Matthew McConaughey AIDS drama that Focus picked for distribution Tuesday. Garner also is prepping to shoot Ivan Reitman’s Draft Day.
She is repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack