'Odd Life of Timothy Green' Star Jennifer Garner Reveals Her Toughest, 'Incredibly Embarrassing' Scene (Video)
The actress talks to THR about playing a woman who finds a magical child in her garden in Disney's new film.
In The Odd Life of Timothy Green, Jennifer Garner wasn't only required to act, but she also had to sing and dance -- tasks she didn't find quite as enjoyable.
Garner's character Cindy and her husband, Jim (Joel Edgerton), are forced to sing and dance at a get-together at her sister's house when their child, Timothy Green (CJ Adams), is asked to get on stage. While this scene was funny to watch, Garner tells The Hollywood Reporter that it was one of the toughest for her to work through.
"We hated shooting the music stuff at my sister's house. It was incredibly embarrassing, we never did it the same way twice," she says. "It wasn't choreographed so every time it was very embarrassing."
However, the actress also tells THR that she did enjoy shooting the soccer matches in the film."They were super fun to shoot," she says.
In the film, directed by Peter Hedges, Garner and Edgerton's characters are a couple who can’t have a kid of their own. One night, they write down the qualities they wanted their child to have, put them box and bury it in the backyard. After a storm, a 10-year-old boy (CJ Adams) appears, claiming to be their son.
“Now I don't say 'yes' to a movie unless I can't say 'no' to it, and this was definitely the case here, I just, I had to be a part of it,” Garner says of working on Timothy Green.
Garner, who is married to actor Ben Affleck and has three kids with him, gave birth five months ago to their son Samuel. “Anything involving parenting, whether you have kids or not, it just hits you, there is nothing more precious than family,” she says.
The Odd Life of Timothy Green hits theaters on Wednesday, Aug. 15
Watch THR's full interview with Garner above to find out what she thought of working with co-stars Edgerton and Adams.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead