Jennifer Garnick to Head Public Relations for Pivot Cable Network
She’ll oversee program publicity and more for the new general entertainment cable network being launched by Participant Media on Aug. 1 in 40 million TV homes.
Jennifer Garnick has been named vp public relations for Pivot, the new entertainment network by Participant Media launching Aug. 1, and website TakePart.
She will oversee communications strategy, TV program publicity, talent relations, events, awards campaigns, corporate and consumer initiatives for TakePart and TakePart Live. Garnick will report to Kent Rees, vp marketing, scheduling and operations.
TakePart is Participant’s digital arm which is designed to provide socially relevant news and connections to viewers of the new network’s shows. TakePart’s mission is to “inspire and accelerate social change by connecting compelling content to action.”
“Jennifer brings a wealth of well-rounded experience to Pivot,” said Rees. “Her passion and enthusiasm for Participant Media and its mission, and her strong background in digital and TV will be instrumental as we set our sights on connecting with this new generation audience for pivot and TakePart.”
Participant Media, founded in 2004 by former eBay president Jeff Skoll, backs socially-relevant films including Lincoln, The Help and the documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Pivot will launch with scripted and unscripted, original and past programming, aimed at viewers in the 18-34 demographic, and TakePart will be a resource where viewers can go to follow up and find ways to interact.
Garnick was formerly vp communications for the Independent Film & Television Alliance (the group behind American Film Market). Before that, the Emerson College graduate worked at SpinMedia and The Lippin Group.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)