Jennifer Grey Wins 'Dancing With the Stars'; Bristol Palin Comes in Third
Many viewers had questioned how Palin got so far in the competition despite low scores from the judges.
Jennifer Grey was named the winner of Dancing With the Stars on Tuesday night.
The 50-year-old actress beat out actor Kyle Massey and voting favorite Bristol Palin to take the title on the 11th season of ABC's reality competition.
Grey and professional partner Derek Hough consistently topped the judges' scores throughout the season, but the huge voter support for Palin resulted in some upsets, including singer Brandy's elimination last week.
Palin surprised many viewers by making it so far in the show despite low scores from the judges. But she had been championed by some conservative bloggers, who led get-out-the-vote campaigns on behalf of the 20-year-old single mom.
Following Brandy's ouster in the same week she had received a perfect score, some viewers questioned the veracity of the "Dancing" voting system.
The show acknowledged its voting system was temporarily overwhelmed after Monday's show, but the issue was resolved quickly and "affected each finalist equally."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR