Jennifer Hudson Leaves Courtroom to Avoid Graphic Evidence
The trial introduced photos of the singer's 7-year-old nephew, who was killed by a gunshot to the head.
Jennifer Hudson left a Chicago courtroom today for the second day in a row, too overcome to look at graphic photos showing the gunshot wounds that took the life of her 7-year-old nephew, Julian King.
The boy was found dead in an SUV three days after police discovered the bodies of Hudson's mother and brother in 2008. Hudson's former brother-in-law, William Balfour, stands accused of the triple-homicide -- a crime prosecutors say was a vicious act of retribution against Hudson's sister.
Hudson's fiance, David Otunga, remained in the courtroom and took notes as Cook County Deputy Medical Examiner Mitra Kalekar explained that King had been shot twice in the head, The Chicago Tribune reports.
The Grammy- and Oscar-winning singer-actress was the first witness called to testify after opening statements on Monday, where she said of Balfour: "None of us wanted her to marry him. We did not like how he treated her.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack