Jennifer Hudson to Sing With Sandy Hook Chorus at Super Bowl
The Grammy winner will perform "America the Beautiful" with the elementary school's chorus during Sunday's pregame show.
Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is scheduled to perform "America the Beautiful" with the Sandy Hook Elementary School chorus live before Sunday’s Super Bowl.
The Newtown, Conn., school was the site of a Dec. 14 mass shooting that left 20 first-graders and six adults dead. Twenty-six students make up the chorus, in honor of the 26 people lost in the shooting.
The chorus will perform directly before Alicia Keys sings the National Anthem, an NFL spokesman told USA Today. Beyonce, with whom Hudson co-starred in 2006's Dreamgirls, will perform during halftime.
Singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson teamed with a group of Sandy Hook students in January to record a version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” The proceeds from that song’s sales will go to benefit the Newtown Youth Academy and the United Way of Western Connecticut.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR