Jennifer Hudson to Sing With Sandy Hook Chorus at Super Bowl
The Grammy winner will perform "America the Beautiful" with the elementary school's chorus during Sunday's pregame show.
Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is scheduled to perform "America the Beautiful" with the Sandy Hook Elementary School chorus live before Sunday’s Super Bowl.
The Newtown, Conn., school was the site of a Dec. 14 mass shooting that left 20 first-graders and six adults dead. Twenty-six students make up the chorus, in honor of the 26 people lost in the shooting.
The chorus will perform directly before Alicia Keys sings the National Anthem, an NFL spokesman told USA Today. Beyonce, with whom Hudson co-starred in 2006's Dreamgirls, will perform during halftime.
Singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson teamed with a group of Sandy Hook students in January to record a version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” The proceeds from that song’s sales will go to benefit the Newtown Youth Academy and the United Way of Western Connecticut.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!