When Jennifer Lawrence Met Jack Nicholson: An Oscars Tale (Video)
The 75-year-old actor crashed an interview to offer some words of admiration for the "Silver Linings Playbook" star.
A celebratory interview with newly crowned best actress Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence and ABC's George Stephanopoulos after Sunday night's Academy Awards took a turn for the unexpected when Jack Nicholson crashed the conversation to pay the Silver Linings Playbook star a compliment.
“You did such a beautiful job. I didn’t mean to cross into your interview but I had to congratulate you," Nicholson, 75, said.
The repartee that follows, between the gobsmacked Lawrence, who had never met the star of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining before, and Nicholson, a Hollywood legend clearly smitten with the actress, captures a delightful bit of future Oscars lore.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills