When Jennifer Lawrence Met Jack Nicholson: An Oscars Tale (Video)
The 75-year-old actor crashed an interview to offer some words of admiration for the "Silver Linings Playbook" star.
A celebratory interview with newly crowned best actress Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence and ABC's George Stephanopoulos after Sunday night's Academy Awards took a turn for the unexpected when Jack Nicholson crashed the conversation to pay the Silver Linings Playbook star a compliment.
“You did such a beautiful job. I didn’t mean to cross into your interview but I had to congratulate you," Nicholson, 75, said.
The repartee that follows, between the gobsmacked Lawrence, who had never met the star of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining before, and Nicholson, a Hollywood legend clearly smitten with the actress, captures a delightful bit of future Oscars lore.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR