When Jennifer Lawrence Met Jack Nicholson: An Oscars Tale (Video)
The 75-year-old actor crashed an interview to offer some words of admiration for the "Silver Linings Playbook" star.
A celebratory interview with newly crowned best actress Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence and ABC's George Stephanopoulos after Sunday night's Academy Awards took a turn for the unexpected when Jack Nicholson crashed the conversation to pay the Silver Linings Playbook star a compliment.
“You did such a beautiful job. I didn’t mean to cross into your interview but I had to congratulate you," Nicholson, 75, said.
The repartee that follows, between the gobsmacked Lawrence, who had never met the star of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining before, and Nicholson, a Hollywood legend clearly smitten with the actress, captures a delightful bit of future Oscars lore.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR