Jennifer Lawrence in Discussions to Star in 'The Ends of the Earth'
UPDATED: The Weinstein Co. will finance and distribute the film.
Jennifer Lawrence is in discussions to star in the epic love story The Ends of the Earth, which the Weinstein Co. said Monday it will finance and distribute.
TWC has acquired worldwide rights from Escape Artists, which will produce the film.
The screenplay, based on true events and written by Chris Terrio (Argo), concerns a powerful oil tycoon, Ernest Marland, who loses everything after a controversial love affair with his adopted daughter Lydie, the role that Lawrence would play.
"Jennifer Lawrence shows the skill of a seasoned veteran in everything she does, and we're thrilled to be working with her again," TWC co-chairman Harvey Weinstein said of the actress, who also stars in TWC's upcoming The Silver Linings Playbook.
Lawrence, repped by CAA, next stars the horror thriller House at the End of the Street, opening Sept. 21.
TWC and Escape Artists made the deal based on Terrio's screenplay. The deal was negotiated by TWC COO David Glasser, president of business and legal affairs Andrew Kramer and vp business and legal affairs Adrian Lopez with Escape Artists executive vp David Bloomfield.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR