Jennifer Lopez Admits to Faking NYC Locale in Fiat Spot
A spokesperson for the "American Idol" judge confirmed she filmed all of her scenes for the New York-themed car commercial in Los Angeles.
Jennifer Lopez may hail from New York's The Bronx borough, but the self-proclaimed "Jenny from the Block" singer hasn't had much time for her old neighborhood as of late.
A frequently-aired commercial for the new Fiat 500 Cabrio features The American Idol judge driving through what has been made to look like the streets of New York with a voice-over track praising her old stomping grounds.
However, a spokesperson for the singer/actress confirmed to the New York Post that Lopez didn't actually film any of her scenes in the city, and a body double was used for the East Coast work instead.
“Her portion was filmed in Los Angeles,” J.Lo’s spokesman, Mark Young, said, adding, “I don’t see a problem. There are many cases where films are done the same way.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR