Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Announce End of Marriage
The celebrity couple, producers on a Latin American talent competition with Simon Fuller, have been married for seven years.
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are ending their seven-year marriage.
"It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time," the statement concluded.
The singers were married in 2004.
They have two children together, twins Max and Emme.
Professionally, Lopez and Anthony are producers of the Latin American talent competition, Q'Viva (The Chosen). In June, Lopez declared that the show "is probably going to be the biggest thing I've been involved with yet." Said Anthony of the endeavor, which took the couple to 21 countries: "It is with great pride that we embark on this amazing and very personal mission... We're looking forward to experiencing history in the making."
Lopez served as a judge on the most recent season of American Idol. She is credited with helping stabilize the show's ratings, which had dropped dramatically during season 9. Viewership for the season 10 finale in May, Lopez's first as a judge, was up 21% from the previous year.
In June, she told BBC Radio that she was "on the fence" about returning to Fox's competition series for a second season. To date, Lopez has not confirmed her participation in season 11.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR