Jennifer Lopez Signs with CAA
The pop star and former "American Idol" judge is said to want to focus on music and movies.
Jennifer Lopez has signed with CAA for representation in all areas.
The move marks a return for multihyphenate Lopez, who most recently was with the Century City-based agency in 2003 and is said to want to focus on film and music. She had been repped by UTA.
Lopez is coming off of two seasons as a judge on American Idol and a toplining acting gig with What to Expect When You’re Expecting. She also voiced a character in Ice Age: Continental Drift.
Her next big film role will be starring opposite Jason Statham in Parker, Taylor Hackford’s adaptation of a Donald Westlake novel.
On the music front, Lopez is on a North American tour with Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias through Sept. 2; the next dates are Aug. 16 and 17 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. She then embarks on a world tour that starts Oct. 5 in Lisbon, Portugal, and wraps with a series of Australian dates in December.
Her most recent studio album, last year's Love?, peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard 200.
Lopez has a collection of clothing and shoes for Kohl’s and a line of fragrances for Coty. The latter has been called the most successful celebrity fragrance line and was one of the factors helping her land in the top spot of the Forbes Celebrity 100 List.
She continues to be repped by Benny Medina and attorneys Bob Wallerstein and Barry Hirsch.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David