Jennifer Lopez Threatened Ricky Gervais Backstage at Golden Globes
9:14 AM PST 1/19/2011 by THR staff
She says she confronted the host "with a couple of bleep bleeps" so he wouldn't make any embarrassing cracks about her.
New American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez said she was so afraid controversial Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais would make a mean crack about her, so she pulled him aside back stage to try to scare him.
Access Hollywood. "I'm sure in his mind it was all in good fun. But in the room, being in the room it was like, eek... Then, when I go backstage to present, I'm backstage with Alec [Baldwin], we're about to walk out, and Ricky shows up. I say, 'Listen! I will kill you, you understand, I am from New York, my husband fights, we both fight, we will beat you up after the show... with a couple of bleep bleeps in there." In the end, he made a crack about her extravagant spending habits, but she said she didn't mind it. "I scared him," Lopez later told Ellen DeGeneres on her show. "He was scary, though."
our editor recommends
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR