TruTV Orders More Episodes of Jennifer Lopez's 'South Beach Tow'
The cable network will bring back the Miami-set series for another 13 episodes in early 2012.
TruTV is serving up more South Beach Tow.
The Turner-owned cable network announced Tuesday that it will dispatch another 13 episodes of the unscripted effort following its summer run.
The series, from Jennifer Lopez's Nuyorican Productions and Bodega Pictures, centers on the family-run Tremont Towing and its affable-but-tough manager, Robert Ashenoff. Filling out the cast are his 300-pound son, Robbie Jr., and heavily tattooed daughter, Christie.
Thus far this season, South Beach Tow has lured 1.6 million viewers, about half of them in the coveted 18 to 34 demo, according to Nielsen. The series' season will wrap Wednesday evening, with new episodes slated to begin in early next year.
South Beach Tow is executive-produced by Lopez and Simon Fields of Nuyorican, along with Benjamin Nurick, Josh Ackerman and Zachary Werner of Bodega Pictures. TruTV's Anthony Horn also serves as executive in charge of production, with Jessica Shreeve attached as an executive producer.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR