TruTV Orders More Episodes of Jennifer Lopez's 'South Beach Tow'
The cable network will bring back the Miami-set series for another 13 episodes in early 2012.
TruTV is serving up more South Beach Tow.
The Turner-owned cable network announced Tuesday that it will dispatch another 13 episodes of the unscripted effort following its summer run.
The series, from Jennifer Lopez's Nuyorican Productions and Bodega Pictures, centers on the family-run Tremont Towing and its affable-but-tough manager, Robert Ashenoff. Filling out the cast are his 300-pound son, Robbie Jr., and heavily tattooed daughter, Christie.
Thus far this season, South Beach Tow has lured 1.6 million viewers, about half of them in the coveted 18 to 34 demo, according to Nielsen. The series' season will wrap Wednesday evening, with new episodes slated to begin in early next year.
South Beach Tow is executive-produced by Lopez and Simon Fields of Nuyorican, along with Benjamin Nurick, Josh Ackerman and Zachary Werner of Bodega Pictures. TruTV's Anthony Horn also serves as executive in charge of production, with Jessica Shreeve attached as an executive producer.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David