Jeremy Irons Thriller 'Night Train to Lisbon' Goes to Wrekin Hill
The film, directed by Bille August, will be released later this year.
Wrekin Hill Entertainment has picked up U.S. rights to Bille August’s thriller Night Train to Lisbon from K5 International. Based on the novel by Pascal Mercier, with a screenplay by Gregg Latter and Ulrich Herrmann, the film follows a Swiss professor, played by Jeremy Irons, who meets a beautiful and mysterious young Portuguese woman, played by Sarah Spale-Buhlmann, and then decides to seek out a new life in Lisbon.
The cast also includes Jack Huston, Melanie Laurent, Martina Gedeck, August Diehl, Bruno Ganz, Lena Olin, Christopher Lee and Charlotte Rampling.
Studio Hamburg FilmProduktion and C-Films AG Zuerich produced the film, in co-production with C-Films Deutschland GmbH, Cinemate Portugal and the Tele Muenchen Group.
Wrekin Hill will release the film, which premiered at the Berlin Film Festival, in the U.S. later this year.
The deal was negotiated by Chris Ball, president and CEO, and Rene Cogan for Wrekin Hill with Carl Clifton at K5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack