NBA Player Jeremy Lin Puts Book Plans on Hold Amid Media 'Frenzy'
Agent Abate says idea postponed until it can get “the thoughtful consideration it deserves.”
The media and pop culture "frenzy" over New York Knicks phenom Jeremy Lin has caused him to put plans for a book on hold, according to book agent Richard Abate.
Earlier reports had Lin pursuing a book deal, possibly a memoir, by retaining the well-known Abate of 3 Arts Entertainment to explore a possible deal.
Now Abate has issued a statement to The Hollywood Reporter saying Lin and his representatives have “decided to postpone” a book until the NBA player has time to give it “thoughtful consideration.” He provided no indication when Lin might restart the idea of a book.
Read Abate’s full statement here:
“Earlier this month, Mr. Lin's representatives asked me to arrange meetings to explore the possibility of a book deal. As the frenzy surrounding Mr. Lin has escalated, his representatives wisely decided to postpone those meetings until they can approach the development of a book project with the thoughtful consideration it deserves. Mr. Lin's representatives are not entertaining book offers at this time so I'm not currently acting on their behalf.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing