Jeremy Renner Not Injured in Thailand Bar Brawl, Says Rep
The actor is currently shooting "The Bourne Legacy" in the area.
Contrary to initial reports, Jeremy Renner was not injured in a violent bar brawl that broke out in Phuket, Thailand, according to his rep.
“Jeremy Renner was indeed in a bar in Phuket, Thailand, as a vicious attack on a patron took place but was not injured or involved,” a rep told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
Renner, 40, has been in the area shooting The Bourne Legacy, and was hanging out a bar called the Rachada Pub in the early hours of the morning when a violent fight broke out. Renner’s rep said he exited as the fight took place.
According to the Phuket Gazette, six men who worked at the bar became involved when the fight broke out. A shocking list of weapons used in the fight included clubs, cutting items and a homemade axe created from a motorcycle brake rotor. The report in the Phuket Gazette stated that Renner suffered minor injuries and was traveling with the group involved in the brawl.
The worst injuries were suffered by Sri Panwa Resort General Manager Vorasit Issara, who was stabbed in the stomach, and sliced in the neck by the axe.
The six members of the staff of the Rachada Pub, whose ages range from 18 to 33, were charged with attempted murder for the stabbing of Issara.
The bar was ordered closed for six months because the event occurred several hours after the mandatory closing time for bars.
Renner’s rep said he had returned to Manila to continue filming of The Bourne Legacy. The actor, who stars in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, will also take on the role of Hawkeye in The Avengers, due in theaters in May.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services