Jeremy Renner Feted With CinemaCon Male Star of the Year Award
CinemaCon runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Jeremy Renner has been tapped to receive the CinemaCon Male Star of the Year Award at the upcoming convention of theater owners in Las Vegas.
"With his quiet and explosive intensity, Jeremy Renner has been entertaining audiences for a long time. However, it was his incredible performance in the Academy Award-winning The Hurt Locker that truly catapulted him into the public eye as one of our most talented and gifted actors today," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
CinemaCon runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace.
Renner, who will receive the award at the final night gala on April 26, stars in two high-profile summer films -- Disney and Marvel's The Avengers (May 4) and Universal's The Bourne Legacy (Aug. 3).
Renner plays the lead role in Bourne, replacing Matt Damon, although he plays a different character. He'll be joined by fellow franchise newcomers Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton. Tony Gilroy, who wrote the first three Bourne films, is directing this time.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR