Jermaine Jackson Wins Approval for Name Change
The artist makes a small, but noticeable, change to his famous last name.
Following in the footsteps of fellow music artist Snoop Lion, Michael Jackson's older brother has legally changed his name from Jermaine Jackson to Jermaine Jacksun.
The Hollywood Reporter first reported about the 58-year-old singer's petition in November, and Friday, the L.A. County Superior Court approved the alteration. Jacksun had said he wanted to make the name change for "artistic reasons."
Friend Steve Dennis had said of the change, “It is something he has chosen to do, and it’s fair to say that you cannot blame this one on the boogie, you’ve got to blame it on the sunshine,” referencing The Jackson 5 hit song “Blame It on the Boogie.”
Jacksun was not present during Friday's hearing because he was in Europe touring with his brothers, all of whom seem content with their original surname.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)