Jerry Bruckheimer to Receive American Cinematheque Award
The producer will be honored at a gala dinner Dec. 12 at the Beverly Hilton.
Jerry Bruckheimer has been selected as the 27th recipient of the American Cinematheque Award, which will be presented to him Dec. 12 at the organization’s annual gala at the Beverly Hilton. He becomes the first producer to be recognized in the history of the award.
"Jerry's monumental accomplishments as producer of many of the most popular and iconic movies of all time, including 19 films that have grossed more than $100 million domestically, made him an obvious choice as the American Cinematheque's first producer honoree,” American Cinematheque chairman Rick Nicita said. “It does not do justice to his work to only mention a few of his megahits such as Top Gun, The Rock, Black Hawk Down and Armageddon and just his multi-picture franchises include Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Bad Boys and Beverly Hills Cop. His work ethic is matched only by his determination to stay behind the scenes, so the American Cinematheque is particularly thrilled to have Jerry accept the respect and congratulations that he deserves from the motion picture industry."
Bruckheimer, who recently announced he will not be renewing his first-look deal with Disney, has produced films that have earned worldwide revenues of more $16 billion in box office, video and recording receipts. His films have collected 41 Academy Award nominations, six Oscars, eight Grammy Award nominations, five Grammys, 23 Golden Globe nominations, and four Golden Globes.
PHOTOS: Jerry Bruckheimer's Biggest Box Office Movies for Disney
The American Cinematheque Award is given to a filmmaker “who is fully engaged in his or her work and is committed to making a significant contribution to the art of the motion picture.” Funds raised benefit the year-round programming of the nonprofit cultural organization the American Cinematheque.
The executive producers of this year’s show are Paul Flattery and Barbara Smith. Irene Crinita is the producer, Kelly Brock is co-producer and Corrinne Mann will be the event producer.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!