NBC Correspondent Arrested After Pursuing Exclusive Jerry Sandusky Interview
Jay Gray was hit with a DUI after attending a party at attorney Joe Amendola's house on Dec. 11.
Bob Costas may have landed a big interview with Jerry Sandusky on NBC's Rock Center With Brian Williams, but another correspondent for the network might not be so lucky.
Jay Gray was hit with a DUI after attending a party at the home of Joe Amendola, Sandusky's attorney. Gray was one of several reporters on hand to watch the New York Giants game on Dec. 11, where -- according to TMZ -- all were pursuing an exclusive interview with Sandusky.
Pennsylvania State Police record state that Gray "had been drinking and was arrested for DUI." The arrest was clocked at 1:45 am on Dec. 12.
Neither Gray nor Amendola returned requests for comments, while NBC offered no comment.
Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach accused of 40 counts of sexual abuse against young boys, is scheduled for arraignment on Jan. 11. In a November interview with Costas, Sandusky declared his innocence, admitting to showering with and touching the boys "without intent of sexual contact."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR