'Jersey Boys' Broadway Actress to Reprise Role in Movie (Exclusive)
Clint Eastwood is directing the Warner Bros. adaptation of the Tony-winning musical.
Erica Piccininni is going back to Jersey.
Piccininni, who starred in Jersey Boys' original Broadway production, will reprise her role in the Warner Bros. film version of the Tony-winning musical being directed by Clint Eastwood.
Jersey Boys chronicles the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. As one of the best-selling musical groups of all time, the band was known for hits "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Grease" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."
Piccininni will play Lorraine, an attractive Detroit reporter who meets Frankie (John Lloyd Young) for an interview and begins a sizzling affair with him.
Christopher Walken, Jeremy Luke, Vincent Piazza and Joey Russo are among those already cast in the movie, which began production last week.
Piccininni is the first actress cast from the original Broadway production, which won four Tony Awards in 2006, including best musical.
Piccininni's screen credits include appearances on TV shows such as The Good Wife, CSI: NY, NCIS and The Closer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR