'Jersey Shore': 5 Secrets From the Italian Set
Check out what THR observed while visiting the Florence, Italy set of the MTV show's Season 4.
Season 4 of MTV's mega-hit, Jersey Shore, premieres August 4 at 10 p.m.
The Hollywood Reporter visited the reality series' Florence, Italy set while the cast was filming. Here are five secrets THR learned while on location with the cast.
1. They lived in a bank that was turned into a make-shift apartment while filming. Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino shared a room, while Vinny Guadagnino, Pauly "Pauly D" DelVecchion and Deenan Nicole Cortese bunked together and Snooki (Nicole Polizzi), Sammi Giancola and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley took the third room. As always, a 'smoosh room' was also set aside.
2. The cast still lives in complete squalor. The Situation and Ronnie's bathroom had half-eaten food tucked into corners, and a completely blocked sink during THR's visit. When asked if he planed to fix the sink, Sitch told THR "There's always others I can use."
3. Each of the reality stars only get one private phone call a week. The rest of the time, their phone calls are filmed for the show. As for whether the duck phone made the trip to another country? Fans will just have to wait and see.
4. Snooki's fourth-season boyfriend spends her money. Jionni LaValle, who came to Italy to visit the star, uses her credit card (instead of his own money) to buy people drinks at one of the clubs the cast frequents. "You think he'd be spending his own cash like that," the show's executive producer, SallyAnn Salsano commented to THR.
5. Crocodilly made the trip to Italy. Snooki's prized stuffed animal (a bright-green crocodile), which was hung over the balcony by Vinny and Pauly D as a prank in Season 3, traveled overseas with the star. She even hugged it while crying herself to sleep after a fight with LaValle.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR