'Jersey Shore' cast closer to deal
Talks took a turn after MTV upped offer to $10,000 an episode
The cast of "Jersey Shore" is on track to keep fist-pumping into Season 2.
Although a deal hasn't been reached with the cast for a second round, sources said the fact that MTV has stepped up its offer to $10,000 an episode has made negotiations take a positive turn.
Agreements could be reached by week's end for another season of MTV's breakout hit, whose cast collectively rebelled against the network's low salaries for freshman performers.
MTV is eager to get the cast shooting a new season to air beginning in July or August.
Parties could face a production hurdle, however, with winter in New Jersey putting the show's summer beach house locale under snow. MTV might have to choose between crunching its production schedule or having the cast make a trip to warmer climate for the next season to make its airdate goals.
MTV did not return a request for comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!