'Jersey Shore's' Deena Fined for Failing to Use Sidewalk
The reality star was forced to pay $139 for allegedly dancing in the street and interfering with the flow of traffic while taping the sixth season of MTV's hit series.
The Jersey Shore drama has moved from the boardwalk to the sidewalk.
While filming the sixth season of the hit MTV series, Deena Cortese found herself in trouble with the law for failing to obey the rules of the road -- or sidewalks.
According to the Associated Press, Cortese was arrested on June 10 for reportedly dancing in the street and interfering with the flow of traffic. On Tuesday, Cortese reported to municipal court where prosecutor Kim Pascarella said that the prosecution didn’t have enough evidence to prove the charge, allowing the pint-sized reality star to plead guilty to not using a sidewalk when one was provided.
Cortese was forced to pay a $106 fine, as well as $33 in court costs, but ultimately left without a criminal conviction.
The Municipal Court Judge Dan Sahin reminded Cortese to let the police officers tend to more pressing matters.
"I'm sorry if I caused any trouble," Cortese said during the hearing, where she was joined by her mother and lawyer.
Cortese’s lawyer, Michael Pappa, told the Associated Press she appeared to have been drinking before the incident, but was very sorry.
“Deena was in the middle of the road,” Pappa said. “Traffic was at a standstill because of summer congestion. She knew she made a mistake and regrets what she did.”
This is not the first time a Jersey Shore cast member has gotten in trouble with the law. Since the first season in 2009, the cast has become known for their unruly behavior.
In the third season, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi was arrested for disorderly conduct, while Ronnie Ortiz-Magro faced assault charges for a season one brawl.
The cast is currently wrapping up filming the sixth season in Seaside Heights, NJ. A representative from MTV had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game