'Jersey Shore' Stars Snooki, JWoww and Pauly D Land MTV Spinoffs
Projects starring the three popular "Jersey Shore" cast members are set to debut next year.
There will be much more Jersey Shore.
MTV has greenlighted two untitled reality projects, featuring Jersey Shore cast members Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Paul “DJ Pauly D” Delvecchio and Jenni “JWoww” Farley.
Both series, scheduled to air on MTV in 2012 and executive produced by Shore’s SallyAnn Salsano, will chronicle the lives the three lead away from the show.
One will feature Polizzi and Farley, while the other will focus on Delvecchio. MTV has ordered 12 episodes for both.
“The Jersey Shore cast is at the center of the show’s ongoing success and Nicole, Pauly D and Jenni have become household names as a result of their unique, sometimes outrageous and often hilarious personalities,” said Chris Linn, MTV executive vice president of programming and head of production. “We’re excited to put the spotlight on their lives away from the shore as they pursue their individual passions, careers and relationships. Both series are fun, fresh ways for us to evolve what is an already successful brand for us.”
Here are the details on the series:
-- Untitled Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jenni “JWoww” Farley Project: Fans of Jersey Shore watched, laughed and marveled as Snooki and JWoww forged a genuine bond sure to go down in TV history. Always inseparable and ready to get the party started at the shore, viewers will get to see how they deal with life and love when the vacation is over in this 12-episode series. The locale may be different, but the friendship is sure to remain the same.
-- Untitled Paul “DJ Pauly D” Delvecchio Project: Whether it’s Seaside Heights or Miami – no one has more swagger, one-liners or a more distinctive haircut that DJ Pauly D. Set to air for 12-episodes, this series follows Pauly D’s jet-setting and often hilarious life on the road as one of the country’s most in-demand DJs. Aiming to become one of the world’s most successful and recognized names in music, viewers will get to see Pauly D chase his dream with the help of the best friends he grew up with in Rhode Island by his side.
THR previously reported that MTV was developing a potential project for Delvecchio.
Jersey Shore has been a big ratings success for MTV, a network that has been getting into the scripted game as well with Hard Times of R.J. Berger, Skins and the upcoming Teen Wolf series. Shore is the top series for the network of all time, with its third season averaging a 7.7 rating in persons 12-34 demo, up drastically from Seasons 1 and 2.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott