'Jersey Shore's' Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Indicted on Assault Charge
Jersey Shore cast member Ronald "Ronnie" Ortiz-Magro has been indicted on one count of assault for knocking a man out during the show's first season of filming. The New Jersey grand jury indictment alleges that Ortiz "did purposely or knowingly cause significant bodily injury to Stephen Izzo by striking him in the face with a closed fist, causing him to lose consciousness."
The punch was not broadcast on Jersey Shore but the events leading up to it, and the aftermath -- Izzo lying facedown on the ground -- were.
Izzo's attorney Eugene Laverne told the Asbury Park Press, "It's about time. It's perplexing to me as to why it would have taken 16 months to indict this guy when the crime was committed on film and at this point has been viewed by millions of witnesses."
The third-degree assault charge is punishable by up to five years in state prison, notes APP.
Ortiz-Magro has previously been arrested for outstanding warrants and disorderly conduct.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR