Jesse Eisenberg joining '30 Minutes or Less'
Actor reteams with 'Zombieland' director for action comedy
Jesse Eisenberg is reteaming with his "Zombieland" director Ruben Fleischer for MRC's action comedy "30 Minutes or Less."
Eisenberg joins Aziz Ansari and Danny McBride in the project, being produced by Red Hour's Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld, which is Fleischer's follow-up to his breakthrough hit, "Zombieland."
Written by Michael Diliberti and Matthew Sullivan, "30 Minutes" revolves around a junior high history teacher (Ansari) and a pizza-delivery man (Eisenberg) who are forced to rob a bank when one of them is strapped to a bomb vest.
McBride is playing one of the men looking to score some cash. Michael Pena is on board as a tatooed assassin, while comedian Nick Swardson is McBride's best friend.
Jeremy Kramer also is producing the pic, which is eyeing a summer shoot.
ICM-repped Eisenberg recently wrapped production on "The Social Network," the David Fincher-directed drama about the founders of Facebook that sees Eisenberg portray co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR