Jesse Eisenberg: Meeting Mark Zuckerberg Was 'Overwhelming'
3:42 PM PST 1/30/2011 by Mark Cina
The Social Network dishes on his SNL moment with the Facebook co-founder.
Jesse Eisenberg says it wasn't awkward meeting Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg for the first time this past weekend on Saturday Night Live (watch the opening skit)."It was such an overwhelming experience," he said on E!'s SAG red carpet special Sunday. "We were both so excited to be there." Even though Zuckerberg is painted in a negative light in The Social Network, Eisenberg (who just earned an Oscar nomination for his role) said he was a good sport for agreeing to take part in SNL. "It was wonderful," he said. "I was so happy that he agreed to do it … We were both able to have fun at the situation." They didn't have much time to talk backstage because the show moves so quickly, Eisenberg said: "We really had to talk about what would work [in the opening skit] and make it as funny as possible." Eisenberg's Social Network costar Armie Hammer is still amazed it happened. "We were actually at the DGA [Awards] last night, and I got a picture on my phone that one of the producers sent me," he said on the E! red carpet pre show. "I was like, 'Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?" "Jesse did a great job," he added.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR