Jesse James sets Spike ratings record
'Dead Man' debuts to 2 million viewers
Jesse James' new stunt series is alive and kicking on Spike TV, with a premiere episode that set new ratings records for the network.
"Jesse James Is a Dead Man" debuted Sunday night at 10 p.m. and drew the largest audience ever for an unscripted Spike TV series. "Dead Man" was seen by 2 million viewers -- including 900,000 among the network's target demo of men 18-49.
In the premiere episode, the former "Monster Garage" personality rode a 1,000-horsepower motorbike powered by highly combustible nitromethane fuel. Upcoming challenges include racing in the Baja 500 off-road race, riding a motorcycle in minus-60 degree temperatures across an ice highway and other bike-based challenges. Ten episodes are being produced by James' company and Base Prods.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama