Jessica Alba: 5 Things to Know
The "Spy Kids 4" actress welcomed her second child with husband Cash Warren on Saturday.
Just in time for her latest movie release, Jessica Alba became a mom again on Saturday, Aug. 13. She and husband Cash Warren welcomed daughter Haven Garner on Saturday, who joins 3-year-old sister Honor as the couple’s second child.
The actress will be seen in Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D when it opens on Friday. Here are five things you may not have known about the 30-year-old.
1. As a child, Alba suffered extensive health troubles. She spent a significant amount of time in the hospital, between frequent bouts of pneumonia, a ruptured appendix, a tonsillar cyst and collapsed lungs not once, but twice. Alba also suffered from asthma.
2. The actress got her start at 13-years-old in Camp Nowhere and the Nickelodeon series, The Secret World of Alex Mack. She graduated high school at 16-years-old and attended the Atlantic Theater Company.
3. Alba, who learned to swim from her lifeguard mother, was a PADI-certified scuba diver and used her skills on the Australian set of the television series Flipper.
4. Alba has actively supported many charitable organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, SOS Children’s Villages and Clothes Off Our Back. Notably, she offered to work on a Bob Weinstein movie for free if the producer bid $100,000 in support of the AIDS charity Amfar. Alba has also worked with Declare Yourself and was an avid supporter of President Barack Obama during his 2008 campaign.
5. The international sex symbol, who has ranked among the hottest female celebrities for several years, is of Mexican, French and Danish descent. Alba maintains a strict no-nudity policy, refusing to go topless for any film or magazine.
Spy Kids 4 also stars Joel McHale, Jeremy Piven and the vocal styling of Ricky Gervais. It opens nationwide on Friday, Aug. 19.