Jessica Chastain joins Sam Worthington film
Actress lands female lead in Ami Canaan Mann's 'The Fields'
Jessica Chastain has booked the female lead opposite Sam Worthington in "The Fields," a thriller being directed by Ami Canaan Mann.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is also in the project, which is being produced and financed by QED.
Written by Don Ferrarone, the story is set in an area of coastal Texas dotted with oil refineries known to locals as "The Fields." There, a homicide detective (Worthington) fights two sets of fierce killers to save the life of a street kid named Little Anne.
Chastain plays Worthington's ex-wife, a former rodeo queen who likewise is a homicide detective and also determined to the find the killers, with or without his help.
Michael Mann and Michael Jaffe are producing. QED's Bill Block is exec producing.
Chastain, repped by Paradigm and Mosaic, just began shooting Ralph Fiennes' adaptation of Shakespeare's "Coriolanus" with Gerard Butler. She had a career breakthrough when Terrence Malick cast her as Brad Pitt's wife in "The Tree of Life," which will be released later this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR