Jessica Simpson returns to reality TV
Joins VH1's 'The Price of Beauty'
Six years after she became a breakout reality TV star with MTV's "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica," Jessica Simpson is returning to MTV Networks for a new reality series on VH1 targeted for a 2010 launch.
"The Price of Beauty," a docu-series produced by RDF USA, will feature Simpson traveling the world to meet every day women as well as some local pop culture icons.
Simpson will study local fashions, dietary fads and beauty regimes and even participate in some of the extreme practices she discovers.
"I have always believed that beauty comes from within and confidence will always make a woman beautiful, but I know how much pressure some women put on themselves to look perfect," said Simpson, who has gotten a lot of attention for her new full-figure which she has fully embraced.
Added Jeff Olde, exec vp VH1 Original Programming & Production, "Perhaps more than any other pop culture figure on the radar today, Jessica Simpson has been the target of our obsession with beauty on both sides of the equation."
"The Price of Beauty," which is set to begin shooting in mid July, is exec produced by Jessica Simpson, her father Joe Simpson as well as Chris Coelen, Claire O'Donohoe and Greg Goldman for RDF USA. Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes, Alex Demyanenko and Sean Boyle from VH1.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR