Jillian Michaels Leaving 'Biggest Loser,' Two New Trainers Added
As the trainer announces on Twitter that season 11 will her 'last,' an insider tells THR her replacements will be announced next week.
Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels has announced she's leaving the weight-loss reality show at the end of the next season.
"Season 11 of Biggest Loser will be my last :) have to finish out my contract," the trainer said on her Twitter account.
Michaels added that NBC has already found a female trainer replacement.
"They already hired her," Michaels Tweeted. "Using my last season to help launch her in season 11."
In fact, a source familiar with the situation tells The Hollywood Reporter that two new trainers have been added to the show and will be introduced on the season 11 debut in January. The names of the trainers will be announced next week.
The new trainers will be first seen -- sort of -- in next week's finale. The episode will preview some of the contestants in season 11 and reveal the new trainers in silhouette.
Michaels has been a mentor on the program since 2004 and did leave in 2006 -- only to return to the show in dramatic fashion. Her decision to leave this time around surrounds personal reasons.
"I want to take a year off TV and focus on becoming a mommy and doing more charity work," she Tweeted.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR