Jim Belushi returning to series television
'SNL' alum to star in CBS pilot 'Defenders'
Jim Belushi is returning to series television, this time on the drama side.
Belushi has been tapped to star in CBS' hourlong pilot "Defenders."
The project, from CBS Studios, centers on two charismatic and fiery Las Vegas defense attorneys who go to the mat for their clients.
"Saturday Night Live" alum Belushi most recently toplined ABC's family sitcom "According to Jim."
He has ventured into dramatic series before, most recently on the ABC series "Total Security," created by Steven Bochco, Charles H. Eglee and David Milch.
Niels Mueller and Kevin Kennedy wrote the script for "Defenders" and are executive producing with Joe and Harry Gantz, "CSI" maven Carol Mendelsohn and the pilot's director Davis Guggenheim.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack