Jim Carrey Slams 'Fux News' Over Gun Fight: It's a 'Media Colostomy Bag'
The actor released a statement bashing the network, which has criticized his spoof anti-gun video all week, as "a last resort for kinda-sorta-almost-journalists."
Jim Carrey has returned Fox News' fire.
The veteran comic actor released a video this week through Funny or Die in which he mocked the NRA and its late leader, Charlton Heston, as gun addicts compensating for small anatomies. The video included a country song he sang called "Cold Dead Hand," a shot at Heston's famous quote about protecting his right to a firearm.
Ever since, he has been slammed by Fox News hosts and other right-leaning outlets; Fox's Greg Gutfeld called Carrey "the most pathetic tool on the face of the earth," adding, "I hope his career is dead."
Carrey released the following statement Friday:
Since I released my "Cold Dead Hand" video on Funny or Die this week, I have watched Fux News rant, rave, bare its fangs and viciously slander me because of my stand against large magazines and assault rifles. I would take them to task legally if I felt they were worth my time or that anyone with a brain in their head could actually fall for such irresponsible buffoonery. That would gain them far too much attention which is all they really care about.
I'll just say this: in my opinion Fux News is a last resort for kinda-sorta-almost-journalists whose options have been severely limited by their extreme and intolerant views; a media colostomy bag that has begun to burst at the seams and should be emptied before it becomes a public health issue.
I sincerely believe that in time, good people will lose patience with the petty and poisonous behavior of these bullies and Fux News will be remembered as nothing more than a giant culture fart that no amount of Garlique could cure.
I wish them all the luck that accompanies such malevolence.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jared Leto Is Stressed About His Potential Oscar Speech
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)