Jim Gianopulos Joins USC School of Cinematic Arts Board
The Fox Filmed Entertainment chairman and CEO joins fellow councilors George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.
Fox Filmed Entertainment chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos is joining the School of Cinematic Arts board of councilors at USC.
The school said Tuesday that the executive and longtime supporter will join a roster of leaders that includes Brian Grazer, Jeffrey Katzenberg, George Lucas, Sidney Poitier, Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis.
"Jim is a visionary leader in the entertainment industry and has generously supported SCA in meaningful ways for many years," SCA dean Elizabeth Daley said. "We are honored and thrilled that he accepted our invitation to join the board of councilors."
Board members have long played a key role in the direction of SCA, helping steer the course of the school's planning and development -- as well as lending their names and efforts to aid fundraising.
"I have long admired the commitment to being at the forefront of the cinematic arts that Elizabeth Daley and USC have exemplified over the years and am honored to serve on this board," Gianopulos said. "I look forward to working with my esteemed board members to continue the school's mission of excellence."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR