Jim Henson's Son, John, Dies at 48
He was a board member of The Jim Henson Company who appeared in multiple "Muppets" film and television titles.
John Henson, the son of Muppets co-creators Jim and Jane Henson and a board member of The Jim Henson Company, died on Friday at 48.
He suffered a "massive heart attack" at his home, the Henson Company stated in a post on its Facebook page.
Henson's film and TV roles include performing and voice credits as the Muppet Sweetums in multiple titles including: Muppets Wizard of Oz (2005), It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) and Muppets Treasure Island (1996).
Jim Henson passed away in 1990 at age 53 and Jane Henson died at 78 in April 2013.
John Henson is survived by two daughters and his wife, Gyongyi.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR