Jim Parsons Enlisted by Houston Rockets to Pitch Dwight Howard
General manager Daryl Morey posted a video of "The Big Bang Theory" actor's message to the center.
The L.A. Lakers have used billboards emblazoned with the word "STAY" to convince free agent Dwight Howard to sign a new deal with the franchise. The Houston Rockets, however, are enlisting a bit of Hollywood star power to convince the center to leave and join their team.
Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, who reportedly met with Howard in L.A. earlier this week, posted a video message from The Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons on Friday that urged Howard to sign with Houston.
Wearing a Rockets hat, Parsons pledged: "I promise you that no organization, and no fan base, understands and respects the role that an all-time great center like yourself plays and the success of the team the way Houston does and the way the Rockets do."
Free agency officially began on July 1. The Lakers can reportedly offer the all-star a five-year contract potentially worth up to $30 million more than a competing offer if Howard signs a max deal.
Reps from Time Warner Cable, which inked a 20-year broadcast deal with the team in 2011, had planned to be present at the Lakers pitch meeting to discuss ideas with Howard, ESPN LA reported.
Watch Parsons' message below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10