Jimmy Fallon to Release Comedy Album in 2012
The album, slated for a summer release, will include music, parodies and other compositions.
Late night host Jimmy Fallon is releasing a comedy record.
Fallon's album is slated for a summer 2012 release on Warner Music Nashville and will include music, parodies and other compositions that became hits following the performances on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
Additionally, the album will feature previously unreleased content as shown on the NBC late night show.
“Having a new album coming out soon on Warner Bros. means so much to me,” Fallon said. “Mostly, it means I should probably start writing some songs."
Warner Music Nashville senior vice president of brand management and A&R comedy Peter Strickland added: "Warner Music has a long and proud tradition of comedy excellence. Its illustrious roster has been home to Bob Hope and Steve Martin and more recently, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Katt Williams and Lisa Lampanelli, among many others. It is with great pride that we welcome Jimmy Fallon to our comedy family!”
Since taking over the Late Night franchise, Fallon has had a Ben & Jerry's ice-cream flavor named after him (Late Night Snack) and has had several performances ("History of Rap") become viral hits.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!